From GroupScript documentation
Installation on production server
After you receive the .zip file with all files, follow these instructions:
- Extract all .zip files and copy to your hosting account using FTP client (like FileZilla) or cPanel File Manager.
- Open yoursite.com/install/ and fill out all information
- Set up a cron job - you will see information about this in the last installation step
Installation on local/development server
The licensing code will not work for first-level internet domain- this means, 'localhost' will not work. You have to use a second level domain for the licensing code to work properly-our developers use 'groupscript.com.local' to develop software on their local computers. If you want to run GroupScript on your local computer you have to follow these steps:
- Add a line '127.0.0.1 groupscript.com.local' (without quotes) to your hosts file (the location of the file depends on your OS version- default locations for most OSes can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_(file) )
- Set your Apache or other web server of choice to open our script when domain groupscript.com.local is used. The easiest way is just to set 'ServerName' configuration setting to groupscript.com.local. Refer to your web-server manual to find out how exactly to do this.
- The license key for groupscript.com.local is ba778078dec1175053ebff7817d23243 - replace the license code with the one located in system/application/config/license.txt
- Check if your site works as expected by entering 'http://groupscript.com.local' in your browser.
- Note that you will need Zend Optimizer 3.3.x that is only available for PHP 5.2 - the easiest way is to just install XAMPP on your development machine and install Zend Optimizer 3.3.x
Detailed instructions for Windows + XAMPP
1) Install XAMPP as per these instructions http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#522
2) Add a line "127.0.0.1 <yourdomainname.com>" (e.g. 127.0.0.1 groupscript.net) to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file.
3) Uncomment the following lines (by removing leading semicolon) from C:\xampp\php\php.ini:
extension=php_curl.dll extension=php_gd2.dll extension=php_gettext.dll extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll extension=php_mysql.dll
4) If you have PHP5.3+, install Zend Guard Loader Runtime. If you are running PHP5.2.3+, you have to install Zend Optimizer- please refer to the documentation of Zend products in their website.
5) Add the following lines to C:\xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf file:
<VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "C:\\projects\\groupscript" ServerName <yourdomainname.com> ErrorLog "logs/groupscript.localhost-error.log" CustomLog "logs/groupscript.localhost-access.log" combined <Directory /> AllowOverride All </Directory> </VirtualHost>
This configuration assumes that you have the installation ZIP archive extracted in C:\projects\groupscript directory.
6) Restart Apache webserver.
7) Go to <yourdomainname.com> in browser.
Obviously, you need to replace <yourdomainname.com> with domain name which was used to purchase the script.