From GroupScript documentation
What is affiliate system?
Affiliate system was introduced in GroupScript version 3.0. It allows users to sign up as affiliates (depending on your site configuration you can give affiliate permission to newly registered users, or give this permission for specific users manually).
If the affiliate system is enabled, and user has affiliate permission (a checkbox in user's editor), users have access to affiliate links in their profiles. When someone registers via affiliate link (it can be either customer or merchant company), the user whose link was used is given an affiliate credit.
The system can be configured to also credit affiliate accounts on each subsequent purchase of customer, or subsequent sale of merchant company.
Affiliate credits cannot be used to purchase deals on side- at the moment, it has to be paid by site administrator manually (either monthly, or when some certain amount is reached).
What about the previous referal system?
Affiliate system basically supersedes the referal system that was available before. However, for backwards compatibility, the affiliate system can be disabled and the old referal system can still be used. They even can be turned on both- when user registers via a link that contains affiliate code, affiliate will receive both affiliate credit and site credit.
Yes, in fact, if the user is logged in and has affiliate permission, when user shares a deal, affiliate link is automatically added.
Configuration of affiliate system
Affiliate system can be configured in Backend->Settings->Affiliate settings
The overview of the settings:
- Affilate enabled: This setting turns whole affiliate system on or off.
- Referrals enabled:This setting turns the old referral system on or off.
- Referral bonus ammount: This option is for backwards compatibility with the old referral system. Amount of credits given to user when someone registers via referral link.
- Affiliate user purchase amount: This is the amount of affiliate credit that affiliate receives when a customer previously registered via affiliate link purchases a coupon. This is a percentage of order total, expressed in decimal number (enter 0 for 0%, 0.05 for 5% etc.)
- Affiliate company purchase amount: This is the amount of affiliate credit that affiliate receives when a company previously registered via affiliate link sells a coupon. This is a percentage of order total, expressed in decimal number (enter 0 for 0%, 0.05 for 5% etc.)
- Affiliate user registration amount: Amount of affiliate credits added when a customer registers via affiliate link.
- Affiliate company registration amount: Amount of affiliate credits added when a customer registers via affiliate link.